Match ends, Lens 1, Paris Saint Germain 0.
Lens 1-0 PSG: Ligue 1 champions suffer opening defeat10 September 2020
A depleted Paris St-Germain side began their Ligue 1 campaign with a surprise loss against newly promoted Lens.
The match was in doubt after Champions League finalists PSG had seven players, including star striker Kylian Mbappe, test positive for coronavirus.
Lens took full advantage on their return to the top flight as Ignatius Ganago punished goalkeeper Marcin Bulka's error to net the winning goal.
The match was played in front of 5,000 fans at Lens' Stade Bollaert-Delelis.
PSG have won seven of the past eight top-flight titles including last season when the campaign was ended early because of the coronavirus pandemic. Thomas Tuchel's side finished 12 points clear at the top of the table.
Brazil forward Neymar, compatriot Marquinhos and Argentina internationals Angel di Maria and Mauro Icardi were all missing for the visitors.
It proved costly as third-choice goalkeeper Bulka presented the ball straight to Ganago to fire home the only goal of the game in the second half.
PSG host Marseille in the league on Sunday (20:00 BST) and must wait to see if any of the missing players will be available for selection.
- 28DoucoureBooked at 44minsSubstituted forMauricioat 83'minutes
- 3SyllaSubstituted forBouraat 84'minutes
- 10KakutaSubstituted forCahuzacat 71'minutes
- 27GanagoSubstituted forJeanat 71'minutes
- 23BanzaSubstituted forSotocaat 65'minutesBooked at 70mins
- 3KimpembeSubstituted forDialloat 74'minutes
- 14BernatBooked at 78minsSubstituted forBakkerat 84'minutes
- 19SarabiaBooked at 38mins
- 29MuingaSubstituted forRodríguezat 74'minutes
- 36Ruiz-AtilSubstituted forDagbaat 68'minutes
- Hakim Ben El Hadj